If you’re heading to this year’s HBA Woman of the Year luncheon tomorrow, please join me in extending congratulations to the winners including our 2014 Rising Star Beth Barron, VP Media Director. Anyone who has had the pleasure of working with Beth can attest that this honor is well-deserved.
Justin Freid, VP, Search Engine Marketing & Emerging Media, explains differences between consumer and HCP search in this PM360 article. While behavior for HCPs and consumers is similar across much of the web, when HCPs use search engines for professional reasons, their behavior changes. For example, physicians use tablets and phones during the day whereas consumers use laptops and computers for search inquires. To see the rest of the article, click here.
Campaign Analyst Lauren Bowie shared key takeaways from PointRoll’s benchmark study:
• According to PointRoll, a total of 60.4% of online ads were viewable in 2013 with Advertising/marketing publishers viewability increasing by 23.5% in 2013.
• Instream ads delivered 4.5X higher CTR than Flash and 2.7x higher CTR than Rich Media
• Adding a video to Rich Media increased CTR by 22% than those without
• 30 second videos had the highest CTR while 15 second videos had the highest completion rate
• IAB Rising Stars (300×600, 300×1050, 970×90 etc) saw the highest CTRs than standard
• Although it’s not surprising, it’s just a reaffirmation that Rich Media is an extremely effective ‘branding and direct response’ tactic especially when video is included. Video in-banner improves both interaction and click through rates – (boosts interaction rates by over 17% on average).
It’s not Superman, but it’s not really a bird or a plane either – Associate Campaign Analyst Katelyn Inman shared that there’s a new kind of advertising in the skies: This article discusses a new company ‘DroneCast’ that’s using Drones for advertising in Philadelphia! The 19 year old founder says he came up with the idea after hearing that Amazon would be using drones to deliver packages in the future. Think about the banners you see airplanes towing across the sky when you’re at the beach, but now picture autonomous devices carrying banners around Center City about 25 feet in the air. It isn’t going unnoticed, as local businesses are already signing up to have their banners flying through the city at $100 a day. So next time you’re in Philly, keep an eye out for these aerial banners!
BI has issued a whitepaper focusing on how Twitter can spur innovation in pharma, as pharmaphorum reports:
• What a Tweetchat is and why they are important for pharma
• The essential steps to planning a successful Tweetchat
• Statistics around prior Tweetchats and measures of success
• Views on the future of Tweetchats within the broader pharma and healthcare space
In an essay for the Wall Street Journal, a physician says that he is tired of the mandates and restrictions from the government and industry, and that he just wants to be able to focus on the most important thing: the doctor-patient relationship.
-Carly Kuper, VP, Strategic Marketing & Corporate Communications
Did you like today’s Scoop? Sign up here or email us at email@example.com to receive it daily.